Sunday, April 18, 2010

WHY I HEART HEWLETT PACKARD


I purchased a Hewlett Packard Pavillion Notebook almost three years ago (just like the one in the pic above).  I recently started having weird problems with it and I had hoped that repairs were still covered under the extended warranty that I purchased for it.  The other night after I finally got my new (non HP) printer working, I logged on to HP's website to see what I could find out. 

Was I ever surprised.  I mean blown away.  I mean I heart HP forever now.  I iniated a chat session with product support and was blessed to work with Ms. Robin Small.  She was incredibly kind and helpful.  After providing her with my details (serial number and name, etc) she informed me that my warranty expired just over a year ago. 

Here's the really neat part:  Ms. Small informed me that if I fax my orginial store receipt along with some other info like my name and address, HP will still help me get my notebook working because "We want to ensure your satisfaction with our products and our service."  Wow.  A company that acknowledges their product even when it is out of warranty.  I tried to get help from the manufacturer of my wireless router when I was going through all that printer setup nonsense and because it was more than 1 year old, that company did not want to have anything to do with me, which I think is typical of most manufacturers these days, unfortunately.   

But that's not all.  After we discussed my warranty issue, Ms. Small asked me if there were any other technical issues she could assist me with.  I asked her if I still have chat support available for my notebook even though I'm out of warranty and she said, "Certainly, do not worry Rachel.  We are always here for you....round the clock!  It does not matter if your notebook is in warranty or out of warranty, we are there for you."  WOW.  I can't believe it.  This company really does care about my satisfaction.  I'm very impressed.  This is quite a contrast from the experience I just had with my new Samsung printer. 

Now I'd just like to say to HP and Ms. Robin Small:  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!  I have always liked your products, and now I have a reason to love your company.  I wish all companies would stand behind their products like HP.   Thanks HP!




P.S.  - HP did not ask me to write, or compensate me, in any way for this review.  As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I mean nothing more to HP than just being another customer who needs a repair!  This review is soley based on my own  experience with HP and how extremely happy I am with their product and support! 

Photobucket

1 comments:

MT said...

I'm so happy for you.........