Sunday, February 28, 2010

Buttered Rosemary Rolls - Without the Rosemary!

Yesterday, I made Pioneer Woman's Buttered Rosemary Rolls for a church function we had today.  My husband doesn't care too much for rosemary, so I just skipped that ingredient.  Here's how it went:


First, I prepared the cast iron skillets that I used by spraying them with Pam cooking spray.  I needed to make enough for about 20 people, so I used my small (8 inch), medium (10 inch) and large (11 inch) skillets.

(For the record, I think the rolls from the 8 inch pans turned out the best.)

Next, I placed the frozen Rhodes rolls in the pan, spaced evenly.

Because Pioneer Woman suggests cooking the rolls on the middle rack and my oven is not big enough to cook all of the rolls at the same time, I staggered the time that I put the frozen dough in the pans by about 20 minutes for each batch.
I basically just followed the directions on the bag.



I covered them with dish towels and let them rise for a good 5 hours.  My kitchen was a little chilly, so I also turned up the furnace!

Ta Da! 
I think I could have actually let them rise for another half an hour or so and they would have been a little fluffier.
The most important ingredient - Land O Lakes salted butter!  I pulled the butter out of the fridge a few hours prior to using it so it would be nice and soft when I microwaved it.  By the way, I think Land O Lakes is just the best butter ever!  I don't think my cardiologist would agree ha ha!

Then I smothered, brushed the rolls with this neat little brush that I picked up at the grocery store just for this recipe:

And the final touch, sea salt


Whoa, too much salt!  I was concentrating on taking the picture of salting the rolls, and it got away from me!  I just took a little spreading knife and scooted the extra off the roll and into the pan!


Yummy!

The finished product.

I always loved Rhodes Rolls at Thanksgiving, but usually had a hard time getting them to turn out right on a cookie sheet.  I think making these rolls in a skillet is just the trick to making them come out perfect!  And it is so easy.  I really have to thank Pioneer Woman for this recipe!  Thanks PW!

Photobucket

0 comments: