Saturday, February 20, 2010

I am so excited!

I know I said my next post was going to be about my first date with my husband, but I have to share real quick that my husband has been asked to speak at our church on Sunday! He is going to talk about Availability. As in God uses those who make themselves available. It should be good, because he is gifted in explaining things to people in ways that are pertinent to their lives and they can understand, plus he is a pretty funny guy, I just love him so much!

On one other note, I have developed a terrible pain in my right wrist and am afraid that it could be the beginning of carpal tunnel. If so, I really feel for those who have suffered with it for a long time because I never could have imagined how incredibly painful it really is. I'm going to pick up a wrist brace tomorrow to see if that will help. I will definitely be praying for others afflicted with this syndrome and I would covet your prayers, if you feel so inclined to pray for me. I have a lot of typing to do to continue telling our story and I think that Satan is feeling threatened by my newfound platform to the world. It must mean that God has something great in mind for this blog!

Just for fun, below is a picture of me and my son, William, from circa 1995 when we visited my grandparents in Denison, Texas (where I was also born). William was four or five in this picture.  He was so sweet!  I believe we were playing Horsie.  William was wearing my grandfather's cowboy hat.  My grandfather was a real cattle rancher.   I miss the pitter-patter of William's little feet. Today, he is 19, and sadly, we are estranged. It breaks my heart. But I have hope because my faith is in the one who restores all:  my redeemer, Jesus Christ.


Have a blessed weekend.  I will post again as soon as I'm able to type!

Photobucket

0 comments: