Thursday, March 4, 2010

Kelly's "Show Us Your Life" - What is Your Typical Day Like?

Here is a typical winter day for me in Alaska: 

Get up, go look out my window to see how much it snowed, take my shower, get ready, go outside, shovel a path to my truck, brush as much snow off of my truck as I can, drive in crazy Anchorage traffic, go to work, work all day, get back in crazy Anchorage traffic, go home, shovel snow, go inside, defrost, eat dinner, catch up on my blogs, go to bed! 

Ha!  I joke.  Seriously, it used to snow like there was no tomorrow in Anchorage every winter.  Seems like the last 4 or 5 years, there's been very little snow.  I think we just had the warmest February on record, at least the warmest I've experienced since I moved here in 1985!  If this is global warming, I am not complaining.  Uh, excuse me Mr. Gore, please return your Nobel Peace Prize! 

Photobucket

5 comments:

Tara G. said...

We lived in AK for a few years when we first got married- we were at Elmendorf. Love the moose picture- we so enjoyed seeing them often!!

Claire said...

Every time I come to your blog, the moose make me smile.

Cxx

Todd and Courtney said...

My husband and I took an Alaskan cruise in Sept. 2007 & fell in love with the state! Gorgeous pictures.

Rachel said...

Thank you Claire and Tara both for the kind comments! I will be adding more awesome Alaskan photographs in the near future, stay tuned!
Rachel

Rachel said...

Courtney-

I'm so glad you enjoy my pics! Alaska is so wonderful....I almost hate to advertise it! You probably got to see a whole other dimension of beautiful if you cruised the inside passage. I personally have never been to Southeast, but I know it's renouned for it's unparalled beauty. Hope you come back to visit.
Rachel