Monday, March 8, 2010

My Very First Contest!!!!!!!!

Can you help me conduct an experiment?  I am new to blogging and I am sure I have much to learn and I know I am no where near perfect and I probably use italics, bold, underlining, run-on sentences and exclamation points way too much.........so I want to do an experiment to see if having a contest with prizes will work to increase traffic to my blog!!!!!

You have two chances to win.  The first prize will go to the person who is the 1,000th visitor to my blog.  If you are lucky number 1,000, take a screen shot of my sitemeter (scroll all the way to the bottom of my blog, see icon) displaying the number "1,000" and email it to me at biblesforanchorage(at)yahoo.com.

You can also enter to win just by leaving me a comment on this post and answering this question:  Where do you live and what is the temperature there today?

The winner from the comments will be randomly selected by the random integer generator at random.org. 

The contest will run from March 8th thru March 10th, 2010 and will close at 8pm Alaskan Standard Time.  Only one entry per person, please.   (I reserve the right to extend the entry dates just in case it takes longer to receive my 1,000th visitor.)


What are the prizes, you ask?  Well.....


Both the 1,000th visitor and a commenter will each win a copy of this:

Butterfly by Thomas Marent, a book about butterflies full of gorgeous pictures, just like this one my incredibly awesome husband gave me!











Winners will also receive their choice of one of four types of Bibles:
 NIV Version Bible or King James Version Bible
Spanish Bible or Pocket Bible w/Psalms & Proverbs!!!!


Plus, the 1,000th visitor will also win the following:
King Salmon Jerky and an Alaska Ulu Knife w/instructional DVD!!!!

I hope that you will participate in the fun!  Winners will be announced on Thursday!  Now I have to go do dishes.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Rachel I surely will not be the 1000 winner. However, I wanted to tell you I have read your blog for a few weeks. I live in Pine Bluff,Ar. Is cloudy here today with a temp. of 59.
Have a great day.